Finantis Value has the technical, marketing and financial skills to analyze designs’ portfolios. We also work in collaboration with IP attorneys when additional legal expertise is needed.
Designs are intangible assets that play an important role in the development of companies where product design is key to a differentiation strategy (cosmetics, textiles, perfume, furniture, decorative items, transport, urban planning, etc.).
Their value depends to a great extent on the revenues they generate or are likely to generate in the future, but also on their :
- legal characteristics (quality of rights protection),
- originality, by design differentiation of associated products
- and the parameters that directly impact revenue:
- Product positioning and market approach
- the business model, profitability.
WHEN TO EVALUATE?
The financial valuation of a designs’ portfolio is necessary or recommended in several situations:
- Opening of capital, predictable entry of investors or associates
- Background of public or private fundraising
- Search for partners
- Acquisition or transfer of designs or companies holding such assets
- Litigation and prejudice
HOW TO EVALUATE A DRAWING OR MODEL?
Different valuation methods exist (based on future costs or revenues). They are chosen according to the context of the evaluation, the characteristics of the design, how they are used, and the information available.
The methods employed are generally based on the economic analysis of the role of designs in the value creation and on a prospective analysis of the expected revenues resulting from the exploitation of these assets.
At the end of our mission, we provide our clients with a strategic report detailing the points we analyzed, the methods we used and our quantified conclusions.
Depending on the context, we are also led to make certain recommendations likely to influence the estimates made.