Finantis Value adopts strict professional ethics, which is necessary to carry out our missions, in order to ensure full independence, a high level of quality and respect of the confidential nature of the information we deal with.
Strict duty of independence
The Finantis Value Evaluator carry out his/her mission with fairness, loyalty, integrity and impartiality.
The Finantis Value Evaluator does not receive any remuneration related to the final value specified in the deliverables, so that the sincerity of his / her approach cannot be questionned. Thus any remuneration cannot be directly or indirectly indexed on the final value.
The Finantis Value Evaluator endeavors to ask his / her client for any information concerning the context and the aims associated with any evaluation submitted to him / her. He ensures that he/she is not in a situation of potential conflict of interests.
The Finantis Value Evaluator stands out from any conflict of interests. If a conflict of interests is proven, Finantis Value cannot accept a mission in this context.
If there is any doubt as to the proven nature of the conflict of interests, Finantis Value is entitled to ask its Client to produce a document that eliminates any risk of conflict of interests. This document has to stipulate the agreement of all stakeholders concerned and include their original signature.
Any agreement signed between the stakeholders in order to establish the absence of a conflict of interests has then to mention at least:
• identification of the stakeholders
• characterization of the context suggesting a conflict of interests
• precise definition of the valuation mission scope
• definition of the objectives and impacts of the said financial valuation which must be brought to the full knowledge of the stakeholders
• non-aggression commitment on the basis of any work resulting from the valuation mission and / or commitment not to use any deliverable or deliverable extract of Finantis Value to justify any claim, whatever it is, against one of the stakeholders.
• each stakeholder undertakes to sign the document with full knowledge of the facts and certifies having resorted, or knowingly waived, to any external and independent legal advisor. Such advisor must not be subject to a conflict of interests, in connection with the commitment taken and any context relating to the primary suspicion of a conflict of interests.
• dates, “read and approved” statement, stakeholders identification and signatures
The quality of evaluator is incompatible with any act or behavior likely to undermine his / her independence that he / she must safeguard in all circumstances. Thus, he / she undertakes to abstain from any act or behavior likely to undermine it.
The Finantis Value Evaluator undertakes to refuse any mission where he / she would have an interest in the transaction, either in his/her personal status or because of his / her present or past functions, and he /she specifies the reasons.
The same is true if the relationship he/she has had with the client or prospect does not allow him/her to conduct the valuation with complete freedom and independence of mind. In particular, he/she must ask himself whether any third party will have reason to doubt his independence.
The Finantis Value Evaluator cannot, directly or indirectly, grant, solicit or accept an undue favor or advantage for himself / herself or for any other person, from any organization or person concerned, in any capacity whatsoever or, by the operation in which the assessment is made. He/she must not, in his/her actions and decisions, be influenced by any form of reward, advantage or subsequent gain.
The Finantis Value Evaluator treats any attempt to pressure and interfere in his / her mission as inadmissible.
Commitment of quality and confidentiality in its intervention
During his/her mission, the Finantis Value Evaluator agrees to follow the company’s methodology and to implement at least two valuation methods adapted to the context and nature of the mission, and to characterize the assumptions he/she considered where appropriate, or to make explicit reference to the information enabling to advance his / her assumptions or conclusions.
The Finantis Value Evaluator respects any standard or best practices in force in his / her expertise area, that is financial valuation.
In his/her deliverables, the Finantis Value Evaluator applies to write his / her conclusions in an accessible way with respect to the direct and indirect recipients of the valuation.
The Finantis Value Evaluator must respect the confidential nature of the information that he/she has been aware of in the exercise of his /her mission.
The Finantis Value Evaluator cannot use privileged information obtained during any mission for personal gain.
Feel free to contact us by email, or directly make an appointment to fix a phone call !